Antica Hirpinia Taurasi
Elegant, strong, with perfect body and big shoulders. On the nose it is powerful, rich of ripe, and pulpy red fruits, immediately followed by dark spices like cloves and coffee. The long flowery finish is guaranteed.
The story began in 1959 with the foundation of the first winery in Taurasi. Today, Antica Hirpinia is a private cellar, led by a group of friends who took over it in 2016 to realise a common dream: to produce the finest wines in the area. Their first step was to appoint Riccardo Cotarella as their enologist and Valeria Cesari as their consultant.
Braised meat, chops, roasts, and wild game.
- Mundus Vini 22nd Grand International Wine
- Award Meininger 2018 Silver Medal
- Mundus Vini 24th Grand International Wine
- Award Meininger 2019 Silver Medal
- Decanter 92 Points Silver Medal on 2015 vintage
- International Wine Report 92 Points on 2015